Writers In The Mountains
Educational Update by Kristin Schneider
Please find enclosed the standard first-day-of-school paperwork packet. We remain steadfast in our commitment to not digitizing the information you provide, and hope that you will not recall meticulously correcting said information when you see that it is still wrong next year. Please return it at your earliest convenience so that we may promptly ignore it.
We are excited about this year’s learning journey. By the end of the year, your child will be able to:
● write an informative/explanatory essay using facts to develop points, use content-specifc language, and provide a concluding statement
● compare and contrast global religions
● apply technological knowledge and skills to design, construct, use, and evaluate products and systems to satisfy human and environmental needs
● label geographic maps of early Asian civilizations
● generate measurement data and present said data in both line plots and bar graphs
● and so much more!
Please help your child succeed by establishing good study habits. Spelling word review, passage readings, and homework packets should be completed nightly. All this combined should not take more than three hours, perhaps five if excessive nagging is required. Additional study guides will be sent home with a minimum of warning in preparation for major exams. We appreciate your cooperation.
Congratulations on having a second grader!
From Mini-Essays and Short Stories class with Jane Seitel